Wild Black Raspberry Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unbleached white all purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla is best, though I have also used flavored if that’s all I have at that time)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup orange juice or apple juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh black raspberries (you can also use red raspberries)
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a standard 12-cup muffin tin with butter. In a large mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, white flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In another large mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, brown sugar, butter, juice, egg, and vanilla. Add the flour mixture to the second bowl, and stir the dry and wet ingredients, just until incorporated (do not overmix). Fold in the raspberries.
Spoon the batter into the muffin tin cups so that it is evenly divided. Bake in a 375 degree oven for approximately 22 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Enjoy!